Waste Management Tours-By Brian Dennert

( Of course, I am kidding about the importance of taking a tour, but I appreciate the time WM took even after I released some of their documents from a variety of sources. )

The Simi Valley Landfill offers free tours to the community to learn more about their operations and plans for expansion. I took them up on the invite and went on a tour myself today.

I don't have time to tell you all about the things I learned but I encourage everyone to go to their website and learn more for yourself.

They have many innovative environmental programs that we should all learn more about as we discuss their proposed expansion. I forgot to ask if they have a position on reducing co2 emissions because of climate change. But they did mention that many of their trucks run on alternative energy.

Thanks guys and good luck with the Arroyo clean up this weekend.

When you click on continue reading there is a flow chart about the approval process supplied to me by Waste Management. If each step takes a month in about the year 2032 the dump will be expanding.

This flow chart was provided for me by Waste Management

 

Featured